306 How to Make the Case for Investment in Next-Gen Learning
1:45 PM - 2:45 PM ET
Monday, November 7
What’s the financial case for Next-Gen Learning? How can you convince your organization that it makes business sense to buy all that expensive software and hardware and hire people with skillsets unfamiliar to the world of learning? Influencing stakeholders and leadership to adopt new learning technologies can be challenging, but it’s a “must do” to keep your team relevant and your learning function up to date with the demands of our world.
This interactive session will provide you with a data-driven approach to help you showcase the financial benefits of new technologies to corporate education. After this session you’ll be armed with the right data and strategies for when you’re next at the table with your organization’s leadership. We will walk through effective ways in which learning organizations can measure the value of their output, calculate the financial advantages of innovation, and apply a data-driven approach to making strategic decisions in learning teams. You’ll also have an opportunity to prototype an initial plan to connect measurements with investment and adoption of new learning technologies. To achieve this, you will:
- Participate in multiple polls
- Play a game on your mobile that will reinforce the key concepts of the talk
- Take part in a group exercise where you will apply concepts you will have just learned
- Use insights obtained through the experience above to create your own strategy to use a data- driven approach to convince your leadership of the merits of investing in Next-Gen Learning
- Enjoy a relaxing stretch intermission to reenergize and refocus
After the session, you will be able to play the game again to support your efforts in creating an Investment in Next-Gen Learning Strategic Plan.
In this session, you will learn:
- Effective ways in which learning organizations can measure the value of their output
- How to calculate the financial advantages of innovation on learning approaches and technology
- How and why to apply a data-driven approach to make strategic decisions in your learning teams
- How to prototype a plan to connect measurements with investment and adoption of new learning technologies
Senior Manager Corporate Learning, Design & Development
Juan Naranjo currently leads a team focused on Next-Gen Learning. Its objective is to blend the worlds of learning science and technology to advance the boundaries of what is possible in corporate education. His team has successfully deployed a POC for a Virtual Learning Assistant, an immersive VR course for field technicians, and the integration of the company’s LXP into the employees’ native tools. These achievements were possible thanks to his leadership in establishing an innovation ecosystem that propitiates the development, and accelerates the deployment, of new ideas. Juan has combined his knowledge of economics and management with the world of adult education to produce innovative solutions that allow organizations to assess the ROI of their L&D function. Since 1997, he has played an active role in the deployment of ground-breaking projects like the development of one of the world’s first virtual universities and the creation of one of the first corporate digital-training programs in Latin America.