00 Learning Trends to Know, Adopt & Grow Your Skills
12:00 AM ET
Thursday, January 1
With the constant changes in technology, we need to understand what is possible and how to determine what is a fit for our audience. With all the buzz and solutions, let’s break down the trends and understand practical ways to create a road map forward.
In this jam session, we will take an in-depth look at six trends, along with simple, inexpensive tools and technologies that can help you and your team jump forward in crafting amazing learning experiences. We’ll dissect the trend, show examples, and provide practical resources and tools that you can apply to grow and integrate into your solutions. This fun session will give you dozens of ideas and reboot your brain with fresh perspectives on how to enhance your learning today.
In this session, you will learn:
- About six trends you should be focused on with examples, ideas to spark creativity, and resources
- How to use the next gen of tools to collaborate, brainstorm, and gather feedback
- New technologies that can be utilized to design the next generation of your ecosystem
- About new tools, apps, and technology that you can start to explore and use on your next project
- How to rethink and create a road map for your next course, app or learning platform
- About dozens of resources, tools, and apps to learn, play and explore to enhance your learning development process.
Sophia the Robot
Sophia, an advanced humanoid robot, was created by Dr. David Hanson of Hong Kong-based Hanson Robotics. Sophia has appeared on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, graced the cover of Elle magazine, and spoken before the United Nations General Assembly. Sophia sings, has in-depth conversations, and interacts with humans in a profoundly personal way. She speaks at conferences about what the future holds for robotics and artificial intelligence.
Dalia Abbas is an instructional designer working on developing career courses for Springboard, an education-based company. Dalia attended the American University in Cairo and worked in academia in Cairo, Istanbul, Guangzhou, and Silicon Valley. She completed a master’s degree at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Prior to Springboard, Dalia created customer-facing learning content for Zendesk. She currently works remotely from Milan, Italy.
Senior Learning Partner
Stephanie Abel, a learning partner at Envigo, is a learning leader with 10+ years experience in corporate and higher educational curriculum design and facilitation focusing on career pathing and leadership development. She has been a part of the award-winning global learning teams at Cox Automotive and STANLEY Security, and she has operated her own learning consulting firm.